Tuesday, June 15, 2021

SCE Super Script Update

Time for another update on my favorite set. Its been a little while now since I picked one of these up. I'd have to go back to last year at this point. After all, the set is another year older and getting harder and harder to find. I know I'll probably never actually finish it, but that's part of the fun and it keeps me going even after all these years chasing it.

The latest addition to my Super Script set came from eBay a few weeks ago. Here is card #15 featuring P.J. Axelsson of the Boston Bruins. This one is serial numbered 10/25.


I was a little hesitant about buying this one because the listing showed there was a slight crease in one of the corners. It didn't look all that bad and for just a few dollars I didn't think it was that big of a deal. I don't see these every day so I had to jump on it.

I was pleasantly surprised when I got the card that you can't even tell there is anything wrong with it until you look very closely at the back. In the scan of the front above you would never know there was an issue. Definitely a win in my book.

This one brings me to 86 out of 220 for the Super Script set. I believe it is only the second Bruin I've been able to grab, the other being Joe Thornton. That leaves me needing six more to complete the Bruins team set.

SCE Super Script Total: 86/220

2 comments:

  1. Such a cool set build. Only 2 more cards until you reach the 40% milestone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It has been fun for sure. Every time I see this set it brings back memories of collecting as a kid and buying packs from the LCS. Good times...

      Delete