Monday, June 7, 2021

Jimmy Howard: OPC Manufactured Patch

As a player collector, it is always great when I come across something on eBay that I didn't even know existed in the first place. One of my latest pickups is a perfect example of that. As I was scrolling through my saved Howard search I found something new and unique for my collection, which is of course a manufactured patch as stated in the title.

While I probably could've found that Howard was on this checklist just by scrolling through TCDb, somehow I had never noticed this one before. I also had never seen one for sale until this listing. New cards are harder to come by now that Howard is retired, so I jumped on this one right away and luckily ended up with the winning bid.

Here is a look at card #P-13 from the 2015-16 O-Pee-Chee manufactured patch set. The patch itself is recessed into the card so it looks a little odd in the scan. It is much nicer in person. These are not serial numbered and I have no idea what the print run might be.


I'm not sure if Howard has any other manufactured patches like this, so I'm definitely glad to be able to add this to my collection. One of these days I'll have to finish putting together a master want list so I know more about what's all out there to chase.

Similar to any of the event-used banner type cards, I like that these are a bit different than most cards. If everything was the exact same all the time it would get boring, right?

1 comment:

  1. I like it when card companies get creative and create cards like these. Kudos to Upper Deck.

    ReplyDelete