Thursday, April 22, 2021

Predators: Forsberg SPGU Banner Year

Do you ever come across a set that you think is awesome, but then it feels like its not all that popular with other collectors? Well, for me that is the Banner Year sets from SP Game Used, specifically the Stanley Cup Final versions. I don't know what it is about these, but I really like them and its nice to have something a little different in my PC.

The latest addition to my Predators set from eBay is part of the 2017-18 SP Game Used set and features Filip Forsberg along with a piece of a banner used during the festivities surrounding the 2017 Stanley Cup Final between Nashville and Pittsburgh.

This one goes nicely with the Josi that I picked up a while back. In fact, both have nice two-colored yellow banner pieces, which look great with their uniforms. There are actually four Predators in the set, which leaves me needing the P.K. Subban and Pekka Rinne versions.

Even though my team ended up losing that year, these cards and any that show the Preds in the Final for that matter are cool little reminders of how much fun it was watching that playoff run. I think I mentioned this on one of my Knights posts, but I'm leaning toward focusing my Preds collection on players that were part of that 2017 team. 

These Banner Year cards along with the MVP Postseason cards specifically focus on the Final and all have images taken during that actual series. I think these will be my primary Preds focus moving forward, along with any base cards with pictures from the Final.

2 comments:

  1. The banner cards, and I noticed on the ones from the Winter Classic game especially from this past year, can be found for very cheap. Great for player and team collectors. If these were Finals worn jerseys I'm sure they would be very popular.

    Popular or not, these are great looking cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely!

      You're right about them being cheap, that's for sure and part of the reason I'm after these. I get that some people aren't thrilled by the whole "event used" items, especially something that had nothing to do with the player, but I think they are fun.

      They're a great way to remember that awesome playoff run the Preds were on back in 2017.

      Delete