Saturday, February 6, 2021

SCE Gold Script Update

I've said this on here before, but when it comes to my MVP Stanley Cup Edition project, I've always focused more on the Super Scripts. The Golds will always be secondary, but still an important part of my collection. I'm always on the lookout for both and was lucky enough to find four more Golds recently. Two from eBay and two from Twitter.

Up first from eBay is card #84 featuring Luc Robitaille of the Los Angeles Kings. This one is serial numbered 040/100. The surprising part is this one only ended up costing $2 plus shipping. Can't beat that for a 668 goal scorer. If only it were serial numbered 020.


The other one from the same seller was card #85 featuring Zigmund Palffy of the Los Angeles Kings. This one was serial numbered 099/100. I would have to check, but I think this is the first one I've got with that number. I wonder how many of 1-100 I actually have.


The next two come from Twitter once again. Another special thanks to @OTB_Cards for hooking me up again for my set build. The first one is #41 featuring Byron Ritchie of the Carolina Hurricanes and is serial numbered 071/100.
   

The second is card #73 featuring Alexander Selivanov of the Edmonton Oilers. This one is serial numbered 086/100 and completes another rainbow for my set build.


These four bring me to 85 out of 220 for my set, which actually brings them into a tie with the Super Scripts. I can't remember the last time these were this even. It will be interesting to see how many complete rainbows I've got now. I would guess at least a dozen. 

SCE Gold Script Total: 85/220

1 comment:

  1. Sweet deal on the Robitaille! Ritchie played for the local AHL team around that time. I collected some of his cards as a result but never found anything low-numbered like this.

    ReplyDelete