Saturday, January 30, 2021

Patrik Stefan: SPA Future Watch

There was actually one other Patrik Stefan card in my latest COMC shipment and I thought it deserved a standalone post. Rather than just being an insert, this is one of his true rookie cards from 1999-00 and definitely one of the most 90's designs you will see. 

It may be gaudy, but I love it and have wanted a copy for 20 years now. Here is card #91 from 1999-00 Upper Deck SP Authentic, specifically a Future Watch rookie. It is serial numbered 1853/2000 and looks amazing in person.


This thing definitely sticks out among the other Stefan cards in my main PC box. Upper Deck even went as far as re-creating this design for the 20th anniversary in the 2019-20 SPA release, although those were only numbered out of 249. The 10-card set includes the likes of Jack Hughes, Cody Glass and Cale Makar.

3 comments:

  1. Oh man... can you imagine pulling that Stefan back in 1999? That would have been so awesome. Kinda crazy what twenty years can do to a card's value.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I was actually a fan of his and the new Thrashers back then so I would've been super excited. I wonder what it was going for at its peak. I got it for like $1 from COMC.

      Delete
  2. That was quite a hot card back in the day. Very cool that you picked it up for a buck. He may have been a bust but he's still one of the best players in franchise history (I'm not joking!)

    ReplyDelete