Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Patrik Stefan: COMC Pickups

When I made my latest purchase on COMC back in the summer, I wanted to get a nice variety of stuff so I tried to find some new cards for my Patrik Stefan collection. He's got a ton of stuff out there, but I wanted to focus on nice looking inserts and parallels. In the end, I chose four new Stefan cards, here's what I got.

Up first is my new favorite for my Stefan collection, a Lamplighters net-fusion card from 1999-00 Pacific Dynagon Ice. I always thought these were the coolest thing as a kid and have picked up several from similar sets over the years, just never from this set specifically. I love how obnoxious this card is with the patterned backgrounds, the goal light and the cool font for the player name. Really makes me miss the days of Pacific.


One of my favorite sets from 1999-00 is BAP Millennium Signature Series, specifically the colored base parallels. There were three version to go along with the silver base cards: Ruby /1000, Sapphire /100 and Emerald /10. This one of course is the Ruby and looks amazing in person. Now I just need to find the others to complete the rainbow.


Sticking with BAP Millennium, I was also able to grab this cool acetate Calder Contenders insert. This one is the Ruby version and like the card above is numbered out of 1000. This one is another example of not living up to the hype as Stefan didn't even get a single vote for the Calder trophy, which would go to Scott Gomez of the New Jersey Devils.


Last but not least is a sweet Gold Crown die-cut from 2000-01 Pacific McDonald's. I never even knew these existed until I saw this one listed on COMC. The only weird thing with this one is how far off-center the bottom half of the design seems to be.


It was nice to add some cool looking inserts to my Patrik Stefan collection. I love the late 90's and early 00's designs and luckily Stefan was included in a ton of sets back then so I've got plenty to chase. While he isn't my primary player collection, part of my likes adding cards just to see those awesome Thrashers jerseys again, especially the home version.

1 comment:

  1. The Lamplighters Net-Fusion insert is sweet. Card companies were still battling it out back then... and it forced them to be creative. Miss the high level of ingenuity within the hobby back then.

    ReplyDelete