Sunday, December 20, 2020

Red Wings: Trade Pickups

In addition to several of my other collecting projects, my recent trade with The Real DFG also brought home some new cards for my Red Wings collection. Trades like this are the only way I've been getting base cards for my team collections lately as I still have not been to a card show all year. Hopefully I'll be able to get to a few next year.

Up first is a 2020-21 O-Pee-Chee Retro of Givani Smith. I have to admit, I do not know a ton about this guy as I haven't followed the Wings as closely as I used to. He played 21 games with the Wings last season picking up two goals and one assist.



The other O-Pee-Chee Retro parallel was of defenseman Patrik Nemeth. He was also new to the Red Wings for 2019-20 after spending time with Colorado and Dallas. He played in 64 games for the Wings last year picking up one goal and eight assists.

Up next is a regular O-Pee-Chee card of center Robby Fabbri, who also joined the wings during the 2019-20 season after coming over in a trade from the Blues. Every time I see that #14 I keep thinking of Brendan Shanahan who wore it most of the time while I was growing up as young Wings fan.

Last but not least we have another Fabbri, this time from 2019-20 Upper Deck Series Two. This one has a nice close up shot of him wearing the classic Red Wings red jersey.


So that's four cool new cards for my Wings collection and the first of the new season for my hometown team. One of these days I need to get myself organized enough to get an accurate count of my Red Wings cards. I've been collecting this team for almost 25 years now and have absolutely no idea how many cards of them I actually have.

1 comment:

  1. I'm in the same boat as you. I've been collecting Sharks cards for almost three decades and have no idea how many cards I have of them. And since I don't actively pursue them as much as I used to... I probably will never take the time to find out.

    ReplyDelete