Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Golden Knights: Trade Pickups

Once again, my recent trade with The Real DFG brought in some new cards for one of my team collections, this time the Vegas Golden Knights. They are the newest team I've started collecting and I'm always on the lookout for some new base and lower end cards to boost my collection of the NHL's 31st team.

Up first and my favorite of this group is a 2020-21 O-Pee-Chee Retro parallel of Robin Lehner. While I'm still not sure why they acquired him, Lehner seems like a good fit in Vegas and was fun to watch in last year's playoffs. I just wish the photo had his updated Golden Knights themed mask. The one he's wearing is from Chicago.

The next on is from the same set and features Reilly Smith. He's pictured in the Knights road white jersey, which has always looked really nice if you ask me. The white gloves are awesome too. One of these days I need to get myself a replica Adidas jersey to go with my grey one. Although the new gold third and red reverse retro might be higher on my list.


Up next is a regular O-Pee-Chee card of Max Pacioretty. This one is card #426 in the set. I have to say this set design is growing on me. I wasn't a huge fan of it in the mock ups UD posted, but now that I've had some time to look at them they're actually not too bad.

Lastly we have a Shea Theodore base card from 2019-20 Upper Deck. I love the photo on this one as you've got a nice action shot of the VGK defenseman with no one else directly around him. I tend to like these shots more than the ones crowded with opposing players.


So that's four nice new additions to my growing VGK collection. While I don't have much high end stuff, cards like these are great because they showcase the players I currently enjoy watching. Plus, collecting a team adds variety I don't get from player collections.

1 comment:

  1. I thought about collecting the Knights in honor of my mom... who really got into them their first year. Never did though... but I do want to pick up the inaugural season team set at some point.

    ReplyDelete