Thursday, December 24, 2020

Jimmy Howard: Trade Pickups

Well, this is the end of the road for an awesome trade with The Real DFG that spanned quite a few of my collection projects. If I had to pick a centerpiece of the trade for me it would've been the Jimmy Howard stuff I was able to bring home. These six new cards are a nice mix and help me knock of some more of the master want list.

Up first is my favorite photo of the group. This is card #314 from 2017-18 Upper Deck and has an awesome low-angle shot of Howard at The Air Canada Center in Toronto. I'm assuming this is a shot from warm-ups right before the game is about to start.

 
Up next is a card that features one of my favorite Jimmy Howard mask designs. This 2016-17 O-Pee-Chee Retro parallel has a great head-on look at Howard's awesome lion mask design. I believe he only wore this one for that one season, which is too bad because it was one of the coolest Red Wings masks I've ever seen.


Sticking with the retro theme, this one from 2014-15 O-Pee-Chee is quite a bit different from the one above. I love the contrast between the red of the uniform and the yellow and green design. One of my favorite features is how the cropping of the photo is offset inward just a bit so there is green all the way around.


Jumping forward in time a bit, this next one is a regular base card from 2017-18 O-Pee-Chee. Sometimes I forget that Howard wore the full red gear that season. It is definitely a different look for him as his gear usually had a good amount of white to it.


Switching gears again, we're back to 2013-14 with a base card from Panini Select. This is one shiny set and the scan does not show how nice this thing looks.

 
If I had to choose a second favorite photo, it would be the one on this 2013-14 Score Gold parallel showing Howard making a diving save against the Colorado Avalanche. This will go nicely with the base version I already have. Now I just need to find the Red, Red Back and Black version to complete the rainbow. That would look awesome when completed.
 
 
With these six additions, I am getting close to 200 unique cards in my Jimmy Howard collection. I'm not really sure if that's a huge accomplishment though as he's got over 1500 cards according to TCDB. I've got quite a ways to go if I want to really make a dent in that master checklist. Thanks again for the awesome trade DFG!

No comments:

Post a Comment