Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Dominik Hasek: Trade Pickups

Isn't it great when you can grab cards for a bunch of different PC projects at once? The trade I made with The Real DFG continues with some great new additions to my Dominik Hasek collection. While I don't search for these as much as my other collections, he was my favorite player as a kid so it is always nice to add new cards of his.

Up first is my favorite new Hasek card from the 2006-07 Flair Showcase Hot Numbers set. This one is card #HN30 and shows Hasek during his time with the Senators. It is still weird seeing him in that jersey. The funny part is they have his team labelled as the Red Wings in the upper right corner. Why not just have it match the team he's pictured with?

 
Sticking with cards with fire on them, I also received a 2007-08 Hot Prospects Hot Commodities card. This one is card #110 in the set and serial numbered 449/999. While this one is better in that it shows him with the Wings, I have to give the Hot Numbers the edge design wise. The flames are just a little too fiery in this case, almost gimmicky.

Up next we'll go all the way back to 1998-99 with this MVP Special Forces insert card. I remember getting a box of this stuff as a kid and hit one of these cards, I think it was Brett Hull, and really liking the set. I'm glad to have this Hasek in my collection now.

Now we're back to that odd time of his with the Senators. This one from 2014-15 Artifacts is card #104 in the set and is serial numbered 900/999. This is one of the cleaner looking Artifacts sets and the background coloring works very well with this Senators look.



Last but not least we have a 2016-17 Artifacts Orange parallel. This one is card #151 and is serial numbered 16/55. This thing looks amazing in person with the orange foil. Gotta love the old school Sabres look too. Always like adding cards of his with those uniforms.


That's it for the new Hasek additions. Thanks again to DFG for the trade! These are going into my Hasek collection and staying there for sure. Now I just need to work on cataloging my Hasek collection so I can get an accurate total of everything I have.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Hasek in the 90's... all the way up to when he was traded to Detroit. The guy is a legend... and I love his cards... especially the ones featuring him with the Sabres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was my favorite player while with the Sabres even though I grew up in Detroit as a Wings fan. It was awesome when he got traded here in 2001. 8th grade me was beyond excited when that happened.

      And how can anyone not love 90's card, especially hockey? There were so many cool sets and designs back then. Seeing them always brings back great memories of collecting as a kid.

      Delete