Sunday, August 16, 2020

Jimmy Howard: Titanium Game-Worn Gear

Anyone else remember Pacific Private Stock Titanium from the early 2000's? I thought those sets were awesome when I was a kid, especially the '00-01 version of the game-worn gear design. That was the one with the cool diamond plate design on top of a lava-like background. Click here to see an example from TCDB. 

Fast forward about ten years and Panini brought back the Titanium name with their own take on the game-worn gear set. I've known about Howard's inclusion in that set since it came out, I've just never found a copy for the price I was hoping for. Thanks to another eBay find, I was finally able to get one for myself recently. 

Here is 2011-12 Titanium Game-Worn Gear #72 that I got for $2 including shipping.


While it isn't as over the top as the version I mentioned above, this one has a really nice look to it. My favorite part is the diamond plate pattern along the top and bottom. Even with a plain white swatch, this is still a really great looking card.

The only bad thing about it is a slight crease on either side of the swatch window. It wasn't really visible in the listing photos, but was pretty obvious when I held it up to the light. I guess I should have looked closer at the listing on a bigger screen. Oh well, its not very noticeable from a distance and for a $2 card I'm not super worried about it. I'll just try to upgrade to a better copy down the road, hopefully one with a red swatch.

2 comments:

  1. $2 for a memorabilia card of a guy you collect is a steal (even with the slight crease). Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete