Friday, August 7, 2020

Jimmy Howard: OPC Platinum Seismic Gold

The streak is at 10 now for new Jimmy Howard posts on here. At some point I'll get to something other than my main player collection, but for now let's keep it rolling. I've been on the hunt for Howard stuff more in the last few months that probably the previous few years combined. Not really sure why, probably because buying cards online is easily done from home and I've been home a lot more than normal this year so far.

My latest pickup was inspired by two other recent OPC Platinum parallels. Getting those two cards made me want to start going for the rainbow so I wanted to see if there were any good deals on the other parallel versions. I found one on eBay for $6 plus shipping.

Here is 2014-15 OPC Platinum Seismic Gold serial numbered 16/50.

I love how this one shows up in the scan. While you lose some of the brighter gold foil look, the rainbow part of the design really pops here. Almost as good as in person.

As far as rainbows go, OPC Platinum is probably the best for player collectors, or worst depending on which side you're on. I love sets like this that have a ton of parallels for player collecting as it gives me more to chase and they look amazing when put together. 

For my Howard stuff, I believe this is the closest I am to any complete rainbow that consists of more than three cards. Since I still need six more to complete this one, I thought it would be neat to create a visual checklist grid that I can update as I go.

Other than the Golden Treasure 1/1 this should be relatively easy to finish, I just like to wait for the best deals possible so who knows how long this will take to complete.

2 comments:

  1. Having patience is my style too. I enjoy the cards sitting in my collection and wait for good deals to add more. I haven't always been this way, but that's how things are for now. Best of luck on picking up the rest of these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've kind of always been this way. Collecting is my spare time hobby and I've never been a huge spender, so the slow progress is perfect for me.

      Delete