Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Jimmy Howard: UD 30th Anniversary Buyback

Today's post is all about something I haven't gotten for my Jimmy Howard collection in over nine years now: a 1 of 1. This was definitely an unexpected addition as I wasn't even aware that Howard had one of these buyback cards until it popped up on eBay.

This one is a base card from 2018-19 Upper Deck. It was card #69 in that set and is serial numbered "1 of 1" on the front of the card just below the UD logo. They also added the 30th anniversary stamp at the bottom. A lot of silver foil on this one that's for sure.


After some back and forth offers with the seller on eBay, this one ended up costing me $16 plus shipping. Not too bad considering this is a 1/1 after all. I was more than happy to only pay this much for something no one else can have in their collection.

How does everyone else feel about these 1/1 buybacks? I know they are probably not the coolest thing out there, but hey at least it is something unique for my Howard collection.

1 comment:

  1. I like the 1/1 buyback idea. Makes them collectible... but I'm sure it frustrates team and player collectors (who aren't lucky enough to land them for a reasonable price).

    ReplyDelete