Thursday, August 20, 2020

Jimmy Howard: The Cup RPA Gold Rainbow

While the regular Cup RPA I just posted is considered Howard's true RC for this release, there are several parallel versions: Gold Rainbow, Platinum & Black Rainbow. I've only ever seen a few copies of the Gold and one copy of the Platinum for sale. The Black Rainbow is 1/1 so who knows if I'll ever see it, so I'll be focusing on the others for now.

Luckily, the same seller where I got the regular RPA also had a copy of the Gold Rainbow version for sale, albeit for quite a bit more money. I was hesitant at first because of the starting price, but decided that I couldn't pass this one up and put in my bid.

Talk about a gorgeous card, I'll let the scan speak for itself:


Like I said, this one was a bit more than the regular RPA. It ended up costing me $73. That is the most I've ever spent on a single card for my collection. Typically these are a little out of my comfort zone spending wise, but with the extra funds from my Ticketmaster refund I figured why not get something big for a change?

I still can't believe I actually have one of these now. I've always wanted one and I figured it would forever be one of the white whales I would never actually end up getting. This along with the regular RPA are now the two main centerpieces of my Jimmy Howard collection.

2 comments: