Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Predators: MVP Postseason

At this point I would consider the Predators to be my #3 team behind the Red Wings and Golden Knights. That doesn't mean I'm not still on the lookout for more Preds cards, I just don't put as high of a priority on it. Plus, my main source of new stuff, card shows, haven't been an option around here for months now because of the whole pandemic thing.

When I do find something I want on eBay, it will usually have to be more than regular base cards for me to be able to justify the shipping costs. In this case I was able to find a great deal on two cards I've been after for over two years now.

First is 2017-18 Upper Deck MVP Postseason #PS8 featuring Pekka Rinne.

Second is 2017-18 Upper Deck MVP Postseason #PS2 featuring P.K. Subban.

 
I was able to get the pair for under $9 delivered. Not a bad deal considering I've seen them listed for quite a bit more in the past. I know these are short prints, but not what the actual print run would be, so its difficult to judge what they should be going for.
 
While its unfortunate they lost to the Penguins, that Predators 2017 playoff run was some of the most fun I've had watching hockey in recent memory. Having several cards dedicated to their appearance in the Stanley Cup Final is pretty cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment