Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Patrik Stefan: PowerDeck Auxilary Power

Wow, I can't believe its been over seven years since I posted an update specifically for my often forgotten Patrik Stefan collection. While he was a part of a recent Gold/Super Script update, I didn't consider those cards part of the separate player collection for Stefan. 

Anyway, now that I'm trying to post a little more frequently on here this seemed like a good candidate. I actually ended up getting this without even paying for it. Back when I purchased the entire set for my SCE Silver Script project, the seller happened to include a complete set of these PowerDeck Auxiliary Power cards. 

This one is card #3 in the insert set and the the cardboard counterpart to those awesome CD-ROM "cards" from 1999-00. I had a few of those as a kid and remember thinking it was the coolest thing firing one up on our old Gateway computer.


Seeing this really makes me miss those old Thrashers jerseys. While the darker one with the "T" logo on the chest is my favorite, the whites were pretty nice too. Maybe one of these days I'll get one of my Thrashers jerseys upgraded with Stefan's #13 on the back.

3 comments:

  1. I just came across my Kobe and Jordan PowerDeck cd's. Sadly... neither of my laptops or my desktop have a cd drive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, I'm in the same boat and have no way to use them now.

      I'm sure the graphics would be hilariously bad compared to what we have today.

      Delete
  2. I have more than a dozen of the Upper Deck Power Cards and CDs, as well as multiple copies. If there's anything you're looking for as far as your collection goes (you already have Stefan), just let me know.

    ReplyDelete