Sunday, September 29, 2019

SCE Gold Script Update

Wow, I just took a look back through my older posts and saw that I have not added to my Gold Script set for over five years now. It definitely does not feel like its been that long. I guess I need to start making up for some of that lost time. Luckily I was able to do that with some recent eBay shopping I did as a birthday present to myself.

Through my regular eBay searches I recently found a seller from Sweden that listed a ton of Super and Gold Scripts for sale. I mean they had somewhere around 30 different cards from the set for sale all at once. The kicker was that most of the auction listings included the Gold, the Super and even the Silver Script for at least 20 of them. 

While I was bidding on all of the auctions this seller had for these things, I only ended up winning nine of them. That's plenty to make me happy though. The rest ended up getting out of my price range. I'm just glad to have some of them because these things do not surface all that often, especially the Gold and Super together like this. 

The only downside to this was the fact that of the nine I bought, three of the Golds were already in my collection. That's ok with me though as it was still worth it just to have the corresponding Supers. Those are a lot less common than the Golds after all. 

Here is my favorite of the six new Golds. This Patrik Stefan is card #13 in the set and serial numbered 031/100. If only the 1 and the 3 were swapped in the serial number. 


Up next is Jarome Iginla. This one is card #33 in the set and serial numbered 008/100. This is also the first Flames card I've been able to add to the Gold Script set. 


The third one features Mike Keane of the Dallas Stars. This is card #62 in the set and serial numbered 033/100. This is another first as I didn't have any Stars before.


Number four finally adds another goalie to the Gold Script collection. This Tommy Salo numbered 051/100 is card #71 in the set and the first Oiler I've added to the set.


This next one doubles the number of Oilers in the my set. Card #76 in the set features Ethan Moreau and is serial numbered 071/100.


Last but not least was this one featuring Karl Dykhuis of the Montreal Canadiens. This one is car #94 in the set and is serial numbered 047/100.


So there you have it, another nice dent in the want list for this set. This was a nice mix of names to add to my set. Some I remember a little better than others from my youth like Stefan, Salo and Iginla. They all bring back great memories of watching as much hockey as I possibly could. I was in middle school during the 1999-00 season when this set came out so hockey was what I cared about most at the time. 

Gold Script Total: 69/220

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes taking a break from a set is nice... especially when you come back and see a bunch being offered in auctions. Congratulations on crossing off six more golds on your wantlist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I didn't really think of it that way. Breaks from certain sets do make it feel a little more satisfying to start back up again.

      Delete