Sunday, November 25, 2012

Dominik Hasek: Back at it Again

These last five days off couldn't had come any sooner. They gave me some time to relax and just get away from cards and collecting for a bit. That doesn't mean they didn't cross my mind though. That definitely did happen and thanks to a couple of random eBay mobile searches while on vacation, I've decided to revive my Dominik Hasek collection to give myself one more thing to look for at cards shows and what not.

I really like the idea of continuting to collect the guy who was hands down my favorite player as a kid growing up in the 90's. On the plus side, he's got a ton of cool (and cheap) base and inserts from that time that should make for an interesting collection. 


I'm going to look for Hasek cards from all of his stops in the NHL as listed below:

     - Chicago Blackhawks: 1990-1992
     - Buffalo Sabres: 1992-2001
     - Detroit Red Wings: 2001-02, 2003-04, 2006-2008
     - Ottawa Senators: 2005-06

I've kept most everything since I abandoned this project the last time around, except for one jersey card as far as I know. That said, I will work on getting together a Hasek want list (that'll be fun) for the blog, but in the mean time keep me in mind for any extra Hasek's you have laying around, especially the lower end base and inserts.

1 comment: