Saturday, August 20, 2011

Jimmy Howard: Prized Prospects Auto Patch

It's only taken 15 months at this point, but I've finally been able to add some kind of memorabilia card to my Jimmy Howard collection, a Prized Prospects auto patch from the 2005-06 Fleer Hot Prospects set. This one's been on my radar for a while now, I just never wanted to pay $60+ for a BIN on ebay. 

It's a beauty, except for the sub-par auto, at least compared to what I normally see with Howard's signature. I love the fact that it's a nice, almost 50-50 split two-color patch. Most of these that I see are plain white. Anyway, check it out:


Luckily, I was able to snatch this one up for a nice $35. Isn't it weird that my last two Howard purchased have each totaled $35? As far as where it came from, I was contacted by a fellow member of SCF who was looking to sell off some stuff to fund his education. The best part was the guy ended up being local, so I just met up with him during my lunch break at the office on Friday for a quick and easy exchange. 

This is probably my second favorite card in the collection now, behind the Black Diamond 1/1 from a few months ago. I'm still kind of amazed that it's taken my this long to finally get any kind of jersey/patch card, as there are plenty out there.

What do you think, was $35 a good deal for this one? Another thing I want to know is have you had any good/bad experiences meeting in person with a complete stranger for a trade or purchase like this? I had no problem at all, but I'm sure we've all heard the Craig's List horror stories. 

1 comment:

  1. I believe value is in the eye of the owner, however $35 is a price that I think anyone would pay to score a quality rc of a pretty good goalie

    Well done Paul.

    ReplyDelete