Friday, May 7, 2021

Patrik Stefan: 2002-03 OPC Premier Red Line

When it comes to my Patrik Stefan collection, it is not the highest priority among all the other stuff I collect, so any pickups for it are usually few and far between. Every now and then I will see something on eBay that catches my eye and I'll throw a bid on it.

That was the case with this Premier Red Line parallel from 2002-03 O-Pee-Chee. I didn't even know these existed until I saw it. I remember the Topps version from back then as I got a hobby box as a kid, but I never really saw the O-Pee-Chee version. Both versions have red and blue parallels, the only difference being the lack of the "Premier" on the Topps.

Not a bad deal for just $0.81 plus shipping. Who knows how many of these will ever pop up for sale like this, so I'm glad I was able to grab it. Now I just need to work on tracking down the other versions of this card. That would make for a nice old school rainbow.

Another thing I like about this card is the photo. It shows Stefan in one of my all time favorite NHL jerseys and he's still wearing his original #13, which has always been one of my favorites too. It also makes me want to see Topps making hockey cards again.

No comments:

Post a Comment