Monday, April 12, 2021

Jimmy Howard: BTP Masked Men

With my main player collection being a goalie, I am always excited to add Masks or Masked Men cards. When it comes to Jimmy Howard, he's had some amazing looking cards in those sets over the years. I have a few already and thanks to eBay I now have four more.

Up first and my favorite of the bunch is this Masked Men 5 card from 2012-13 Between The Pipes. This one just looks great in person with the ruby rainbow foil. I even think the painting type image on the front looks even better than previous versions where they did have real photos. Definitely one of my new favorite Howard cards.

 
Along with that one, and all the way from Russia I might add, is the Masked Men Memorabilia card from the same set. This one uses the same painting like image and turns the card sideways allowing for a cool jersey swatch on the right-hand side.
 

Up next is one that's been on my wantlist for quite a while now, a Gold version of the Masked Men 4 card from 2011-12 Between the Pipes. This one goes nicely with the ruby die-cut version I picked up recently. It looks a lot nicer in person than it does in the scan.

Keeping with the gold theme, I was also able to grab this nice Masked Men II card from 2009-10 BTP. This one also did not scan very well, but looks great in person. As far as Howard's masks go, this one with the dials of retired numbers on either side was always a favorite of mine. Sports cars on masks always look cool, right?

So that's it for today. These four help put a nice dent in the wantlist as far as the Masked Men cards. I'll have to sit down one of these days and actually come up with a list of what I still need. I'm guessing there are a few more gold versions I'm missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment