Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Red Wings: Color Wheels

I think I've made it pretty clear that I really like the various parallels from O-Pee-Chee Platinum lately. One of them that I have never bought until now was the Color Wheel. I've seen these all over COMC and finally decided to add some to my order back in the summer.

Since Howard doesn't have one of these, I figured why not go for some of the other guys on the Red Wings. Up first is Dylan Larkin from the 2018-19 edition. This is probably my favorite of all the color wheel designs so far. It looks even better in person.


Up next is another Larkin, this time from the 2016-17 set. The actual color wheel part of the design is a bit different here in the distribution of colors and the lack of a physical division between each of the sections. Still a really nice looking card though.


Last but not least we have this 2017-18 version featuring Henrik Zetterberg. I like the radial look to this one as it gives is a bit of a different feel than the other two designs.



Anyone else a fan of the color wheel parallels from O-Pee-Chee Platinum? I love these and would like to maybe someday build the entire team sets. They look great in scans and are even nice looking in person. I just wish they had included Jimmy Howard in some of them.

2 comments:

  1. Never seen one of these in person, but dang... it's gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They definitely are! The best part is it works well with pretty much every teams colors.

      Delete