Thursday, January 7, 2021

Dominik Hasek: New Additions

Dominik Hasek was my favorite player growing up and I am always on the lookout for new cards of his. He has a ton of cool base cards and inserts so I tend to focus on those. Any higher end stuff I will leave for the hardcore Hasek collectors.

My newest Hasek insert comes from COMC and is part of the Stonewalled set from 2018-19 Upper Deck. This is an awesome looking set with a cool brick wall texture in the background. It reminds me of those old Stoppers cards from Score back in the day.


Up next is a Greats of the Game card from 2008-09 Between The Pipes. This one has an excellent look at Hasek's painted mask, which was an upgrade over the plain red one he wore when he started with the Wings in 2001. He won the Cup in 2002 with this mask.


So that's two cool new ones for my Dominator collection. I honestly have no idea how many cards of his I have at the moment. The sidebar on here has said TBD for a while now and I really need to update it. It will be fun looking at all of them to get an accurate total, I just need to find the time to do it.

2 comments:

  1. Hasek was the man... although I mainly target his Sabres cards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, he does have a ton of great cards. Fortunately, there are a lot of great-looking cheap ones, for someone who collects his cards super-casually.

    ReplyDelete