Thursday, July 16, 2020

Jimmy Howard: OPC Platinum Black Ice

Let's keep the streak going with two more additions to my Jimmy Howard collection. These are two separate eBay purchases from several weeks ago. I've always liked the various parallels that OPC Platinum has to offer, I just hadn't ever decided to buy any until now.

Up first is card #103 from 2015-16 OPC Platinum. It is serial numbered 23/99.


This one only ended up costing $1 plus shipping. Not bad for a card numbered to 99. Unfortunately, the scan does not show how great this thing really looks in person. I have to say these black ice parallels are one of my favorites out of however many there.

The second is card #57 from 2014-15 and is serial numbered 05/25.


Not sure why the serial numbering is so different from one year to the next. With this one being a bit more rare, it cost a little bit more at $5 plus shipping. The black ice treatment of the border appears to be pretty similar to the first card.

If I had to choose a favorite of the two it would be the 15-16 version. That design just looks a bit cleaner without the giant Red Wings text along the bottom. Plus the green and yellow accents on the second one look a little out of place if you ask me.

Now I just need to work on some of the other great parallels from these sets.

1 comment: