Thursday, January 10, 2019

New Side Project: Vegas Golden Knights

Wow, I can't believe we're already ten days into 2019. I just realized that I only posted on here once in all of 2018, and it wasn't even related to my card collection. I'd like to change that this year and be a little more active on here if possible. 

That being said, I've decided to add another side project to my collection: the Vegas Golden Knights. I've been a fan since October of 2017 when they came into the league. Before that I'd been following their development pretty closely since the franchise was awarded. It was really neat to see the whole process play out.


With my Red Wings out of the playoff picture again for 2018, I went into the first round rooting for both Vegas and my other favorite team the Nashville Predators. Like in 2017 with the Predators, it was a great ride to watch one of my teams get all the way to the Stanley Cup Final in 2018. It's been 10 years now since the Wings were there. 

At least this time, the my team lost to a team that I did not despise. I've always been a fan of Ovechkin as an individual player, so it was nice to see him finally get his Cup in 2018. 

Now, as far as collecting, I'm not going to be as specific as I was with my Predators side project. I'll be on the lookout for cards from both their inaugural season as well as this year. I don't have anything to show yet, so here's an example from Upper Deck.


I'm sure there are a ton of cards out there for the Golden Knights by now, so hopefully I'll be able to grab at least a few this year and show them off here. I'll be happy if I can surpass my post total from last year, which shouldn't be all that difficult.

5 comments:

  1. Good to see you posting again! You've already tied your 2018 output ;D

    That Engelland is one of only four Knights cards I have. I'd like to add more but there are so many collectors out there gobbling them up. I can't wait to see what you're able to pick up for your collection. Good luck with this project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, someone who blogged even less than me in 2018!!!

    Looking forward to a more active year for the both of us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought about building a small collection of Knights myself... in my parent's honor. They're big fans of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing what you add to the collection. All the best in 2019 Paul.

    ReplyDelete