Saturday, January 19, 2019

First Card Show of 2019

Today was the first time I've been to a card show in well over a year. For whatever reason, I decided to get more active with my card collecting this past week and have been on the lookout for local shows. Some quick searching online and I found a relatively new local show that I've never been to. 

The card shows I usually went to were all at a local trade center, but that has closed since my last visit there. This new show was a bit smaller, but still had some of the same dealers I've bought from in the past. On the plus side, it was only 15 minutes from my house in an area I know pretty well. Another good thing about this show was the free parking and admission, which I always had to pay for separately at the trade center shows. 

I went in with a plan to hopefully find some cards for my newly started Vegas Golden Knights collection as well as some stuff for my Nashville Predators collection. I figured if anything was available, it would be priced decently with neither of these teams being local. Even the lowest end cards of any Red Wing is always overpriced at the shows in Michigan. 

While I didn't spend a lot of time or money at this particular show, I was at least able to grab some stuff to get my Golden Knights project going along with a few things to grow my Predators collection. Here's a quick look at the haul: about 30 cards all together. 


It was definitely nice getting back out to one of these shows again. I've been going to them since I was a kid and it's always fun to see what's there. You never know what you'll stumble upon. Now I just need to get started scanning this stuff so I can post some updates for these two projects. Stay tuned for that.

4 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing what you hauled in.

    Have fun with it this year Paul!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan. I feel like I've caught the collecting bug all over again.

      Extended breaks for other hobbies and what not actually make this that much more fun when I come back to it.

      I'm not sure I'll ever get back to the blogging pace I was on in the early years here, but if I can at least post a few things per month I'll be happy.

      Delete
  2. Free parking & admission? Sounds amazing. The only one that offers both in my area... isn't actually in my area. It's a 50 minute drive from my house. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was definitely a pleasant surprise. Kind of made up for the terrible snow and ice covered roads I had to navigate to get there.

      Delete