Tuesday, May 27, 2014

My Picks #94: Mike Richter

Showing off the Patrick Roy Power Deck card got me wanting to do a few more of these since I already had all of the cards scanned and saved into my computer. This one is just another plain old base card, but sometimes that what these posts are all about. This one is from 1995-96 Topps Stadium Club and features former Rangers goaltender Mike Richter. 

It's not the first base card I've shown off from this set either. There was one featuring Arturs Irbe  (click here) and one featuring Bill Ranford (click here). All three are great examples of excellent base set photography. 


As far as the specific photo on this card of Richter, I'm not sure if we are looking at a save or an attempted save that led to a goal for the other team. I'm going to guess that we are looking at a save, but who knows? Either way, it's another great looking base card I'm glad to have in my collection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment