Tuesday, January 22, 2013

My Picks #90: Bill Ranford

Tonight's post comes out of nothing but boredom as I sit here listening to the Red Wings-Stars game. It's 1-0 Stars after one period. Anyway, I am waiting on a few things in the mail, but they weren't here when I got home, so this will have to do for tonight.

I chose this one because it's got a lot of things going for it. One of the first things I notice about it is the nice framing of the picture. This is what a base card should look like, other than the obnoxious TSC logo and text on the bottom.


The coolest thing about it is the way the puck is frozen in mid-air just as Ranford is about to make the glove save. It's also nice that there are no other players visible in the picture, just Ranford, the puck, part of the net, and the fans in the background.

Not bad for a so-called worthless base card from the mid-90's, right?

3 comments:

  1. yes, Beautiful picture with the puck, it's true

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really nice card, I like that one a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this set personally. Even the obnoxious logo :o)

    ReplyDelete