Sunday, March 31, 2013

Dominik Hasek: New Additions (Part 1)

Time for another update on my Dominik Hasek collection. This will be the first of several posts detailing more of the contents from the box of PC stuff I got the other day. These posts are not broken up into any specific groupings or anything, they are just in the order in which I scanned everything. I will say this first grouping is probably the most diverse.

Let's get things started with my favorite new Hasek card, a "Freeze Out" die-cut from 1997-98 Pacific Crown Royale. This is not just a plain die-cut either, its jagged all around the edges making it that much cooler. I love the icy blue background along with the glowing gold foil bursts coming from behind the picture. This one really makes me miss the 90's.


Now let's jump forward about a decade and take a look at my second favorite Hasek from the box. This one is a Mask IV card from 2006-07 Between the Pipes. The nice thing about this one is that it has his 2002 Olympic mask from the Salt Lake City games.


This next one is from an insert set that I've never even seen before. It a "Freeze Frame" card from 2003-04 Pacific Invincible. I like this one because it shows Hasek in his first and most important season with the Red Wings and doesn't show him with the plain red mask he wore for the beginning of that season.


Here's one depicting Hasek's short time in Ottawa, from the "Rising to the Occasion" insert set in 2005-06 MVP. Again, this is a set I've never even seen before, so it's kind of nice to add a bit of variety to the collection.


This one goes way back to Dom's time with the Chicago Blackhawks, coming from 1992-93 Upper Deck. I don't really remember him there because I didn't really get into hockey and start following Hasek until later in the 90's.


Time for another leap forward back to 2005-06. This one is a base card from 2005-06 Artifacts showing Dom in a photo shoot with his new (at the time) Senators jersey. There seems to be quite a few of these photo shoot cards of his early that season.


The next one is from a set that I always thought was really cool as a kid. It's a base card from 1994-95 Topps Finest. Back in the day, you knew something was "high quality" when it had the protective film on the front of the card. I think I'll keep it on for now, but who knows, maybe I'll get bored one day and decide to remove it.


This one comes from 1995-96 Pinnacle Zenith and has a great looking picture of Hasek in the old school Sabres jerseys. I always love seeing cards of him with this jersey along with the blue helmet and matching equipment.


This next one comes from 1999-00 Ultimate Victory, which actually is nothing more than the regular Victory set from that season with a full foil front and the word "Ultimate" added to the Victory logo in the upper left corner.


I don't really know much about the set that the next one comes from, other than it was released by Upper Deck for the 2005-06 season. On the back it talks about voting for the "All Time Greatest" for a chance to go to the 2006-07 All-Star game.


The last one I have in this group comes from an international set, 1995-96 Semic World Championship. I've never seen this one before either and I find it interesting that they seem to have an older picture of Hasek in his Chicago gear while representing the Czech Republic.


That's it for now, but stay tuned for more. I have at least three more posts worth of Hasek cards scanned and ready to go. There's definitely a great variety of stuff in those three posts, so hopefully they are at least nice to look at visually.

No comments:

Post a Comment