Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Dominik Hasek: Some SCF Generosity

In my last post I mentioned that I picked up the Van Allen Super Script via trade from SCF. Well, in addition to that card, I received several Senators base cards including one of Dominik Hasek. Gotta love getting cards that you weren't expecting, especially cards for one of your player collections. Here's a look at my newest Hasek from 2005-06 Upper Deck.


I still think it's strange to see Hasek in a Senators jersey as I tend to forget that he even spent any time there. Even though it was just one season, 2005-06, there are plenty of cards of his featuring the Ottawa Senators. I will say that his mask was pretty sweet that season with the huge Senators logo on either side on top of a bold red background. 

This card is another great example from Upper Deck of how to do a horizontal base card. The picture is perfectly centered on the card and the only part of Hasek cut off is his pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment