Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dominik Hasek: A Few Generous Acquisitions

Yesterday I posted the Hasek I got for my Gold Script set, today I get to post a bunch of cool stuff for my Hasek collection that came along with that Gold Script. There is a real nice mix here and that's one of the things I love about going after Hasek's stuff. There are all kinds of different cards of his from the last 20 years or so.

Up first is a really cool retro parallel from 2001-02 Topps. I remember getting a box of this stuff as a kid and I always liked these parallels with the obnoxiously bright color schemes. Hasek and his black Sabres jersey really stand out against the lime green background.


Next is another one for the base card collection. This one comes from 2006-07 Fleer and has a nice full body image of Hasek guarding the net for the Wings.


Then there was this one from 1995-96 Pinnacle Summit, which is the base version of the Summit Ice parallel I showed in my last Hasek post here. I like how they leave the background behind Hasek on just the left half of the card.


Next was another one from Hasek's short time in Ottawa. This one comes from 2005-06 Fleer Ultra. I can't tell if he's stretching or making a save in this pic. Either way, its still one I didn't have and am glad to knock off the want list.


Here's one more base card for the PC, this time from 1993-94 Topps Premier. I will say I really like any card that shows Hasek in the Sabres blue and gold, even though I prefer to see him in the Winged wheel.


I saved the best for last, which was this hard-signed auto from 1995-96 BAP. This was one of those sets where the NHL logos could not be shown, so they were photo-shopped right out of the pictures, which still looks strange to me even now almost ten years later.


That's it for today. Not sure if I'll be doing much posting the rest of the week and into the weekend as I'm off work and determined to try and relax a bit. We'll see, sometimes I find blogging the most relaxing thing to do just to get away from everything else.

2 comments:

  1. That BAP Hasek is a great pick up; a first certified Hasek auto, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That first card looks like he going for a "header". Lundqvist is famous for that these days. I always admired Hasek's style of play, you don't see too much of that style anymore.

    ReplyDelete