Friday, December 28, 2012

Jimmy Howard: 2011-12 Between the Pipes

Thanks to a trade with Kevin from Kevin's Collection I now have two new Jimmy Howard base cards to knock off the want list for the PC. They both came as part of a trade he and I worked out over the last little while.

The first was this base card from 2011-12 Between The Pipes. This is one of those types of cards that I refuse to throw down a few bucks plus $3 for shipping on eBay when I can eventually grab it in a trade like this.


The other one was also from 2011-12 BTP, this time from the Stars and Stripes subset. It features some of the great American goaltenders both past and present including Mike Richter, Jim Craig, and Jonathan Quick among others.


These two are nice because the have great close-up shots of Jimmy's last two mask designs. The regular base card has his mask from 2010-11 and the Stars and Stripes has his mask from the 2011-12 season. I think its kind of neat that they carry the same basic card design through the main set and the various subsets. It gives the overall set a more consistent look. What do you think?

They also bring my Howard base card total 36. That doesn't seem like much, but the way I see it is I have plenty of time to track them down and its not like they're that rare anyway.

Thanks again to Kevin for the trade!

No comments:

Post a Comment