Thursday, May 5, 2011

Jimmy Howard: Check Out My Cards

As the title of this posts suggests, my latest Howard pickup came from CheckOutMyCards.com, a great site for buying single cards, as long as you're getting several at a time.

I only got five different cards this time, but they're a decent mix, and I got all of them delivered for around $12.

The first was this one from the 2005-06 UD Rookie Class set. I like this one because it's one of the few from his rookie year to not feature his Maine mask.


The second was this one from this year's Upper Deck set. Love the photo on this one, not a shot you see on cards very often, especially with the entire starting lineup in the background.


The third was yet another one of the many pesky parallels from this year's Certified set from Panini. It's hard to tell from the scan, but this is actually a Platinum Red parallel, numbered to 999. 


The fourth one, like the third, is another parallel from Certified. This time it's a Platinum Blue numbered to 250. 


The last was just another base card to add to the collection, a Limited numbered to 249. 


So, there's five new ones for my growing Jimmy Howard collection. I now have 28 unique cards and 30 total, not a bad start if you ask me.

Now that I've been at this for a little while now, I'm really getting into the whole player collecting thing, as I find myself paying more attention to new Howard listings on ebay than anything for my MVP master set project. I think it's because a player collection provides some variety, where a set project is the same thing over and over. 

Seeing that I've got 28 different Howard cards now, my first goal for the collection will be getting that number up to 50. I don't really have a timeline set for this goal, so we'll see how long that takes. 

It shouldn't be too difficult, as Jimmy has a ton of new cards this year, especially with all of the ridiculous parallels that Panini sees the need to put out in all of their sets. 

No comments:

Post a Comment