Thursday, September 2, 2010

My Picks # 41: Simon Gagne

I usually don't go this long without posting, but things have been too hectic lately with moving to a new apartment, closing in on my last few weeks of college, and a four day trip to Tennessee last week. 

So to try and get back in the swing of things, I chose this Simon Gagne Souvenirs card from 2002-03 Upper Deck MVP. It's not just any old jersey swatch though, it's a piece of an authentic practice jersey.


I don't know how I feel about the one hit in that box of MVP not even being a game jersey, but I guess it's better than an "event-worn" or "player-worn" jersey. It's a little out of the ordinary, and I like that. 

Beyond the fact that it's just a practice jersey, I actually really like the design of this set. The swatch is decently sized, the team color jersey mesh background is a nice touch and I also like the black and white "MVP Souvenirs" text going up the left side. 

As far as the types of swatches featured on cards, what are your thoughts on game-worn versus "even-worn" and "player-worn" swatches? I personally do not like anything other than game-worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment