Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Jimmy Howard: New Mask for 2010-11

I just came across a picture of what has to be the most clever Red Wings goalie mask design and thought I would share it. This design I'm referring to would be Jimmy's mask for the upcoming 2010-11 season, done by Ray Bishop, featuring super villain Doctor Octopus.


I thought his mask from last season was the best it could get with the 1967 Shelby Mustang and a tachometer featuring the retired numbers hanging in the rafters at Joe Louis Arena. I definitely think this new design tops the old one.


Now I just have to hope either Upper Deck or Panini will feature this mask on cards this season, as early releases like Victory and Certified feature the old Mustang design.

2 comments:

  1. As a fan of the goalie masks.....I vote yes for this one.

    Although I would have liked to have seen a more menacing and less cartoonish DocOc.

    ReplyDelete