Friday, August 6, 2010

My Picks # 39: Michael Peca

This pick isn't about showing off a cool card or anything like that, it's more of an example of something I hate to see from hockey card manufacturers. Just take a look at it and you'll see what I mean.

What's wrong with this card? It's a problem I see too often with jersey cards lately. The jersey and the picture don't match at all, which really screws up the aesthetics of an otherwise nice looking card.

In most cases the issue is a newer picture with an outdated jersey. In this case, somehow UD was able to cut up a game-worn Blue Jackets jersey and still use a picture of Peca with the Leafs.

If he played a game for Columbus in that jersey, shouldn't there at least have been some pictures of him wearing the blue and red? Maybe it was "event worn", don't know for sure though, I don't have the card on me at the moment to check the wording on the back.

I think manufacturers should make an effort to match the jersey and picture whenever possible, I understand in some cases it can't be done, but I believe I read somewhere they are not required to or something. What's your opinion on mismatched jersey cards?

No comments:

Post a Comment