Saturday, July 3, 2010

Cardboard Creations: 79-80 OPC Part II

This is the second of three pages from my most recent custom recreation project: 1979-80 OPC. I'm really liking how this set has turned out, probably the best looking yet. 


As much as I wanted to stick with the original design, I think changing to team colors for the borders of the cards was a good idea. It gives the set a little bit of a different look to it. 

As you can see, most of the shots are of the butterfly position, the only significant exceptions being Nabokov and Mason. It was difficult to find a variety of shots that actually fit nicely within the borders.

Of these nine, my favorites would have to be the Biron and Brodeur. There is just something about these two cards that makes them stand out from the rest in my mind. 

No comments:

Post a Comment