Sunday, February 27, 2022

Predators: Pekka Rinne 2020-21 Allure

This update for my Predators collection is only one card, but it seemed like a good time for it after watching the Stadium Series last night. Unfortunately the wrong team came away with the win, but one of my favorite Preds was there and a part of the pre-game.

Continuing where I left off with my last Preds post, I have another piece for my 2020-21 Allure rainbow of Pekka Rinne. This is the 1917 NHL Shield variation and is serial numbered /17 on the back of the card. It looks just like the 2005 Shield variation, only here the outline of the shield is yellow instead of grey. It looks really nice in person.


Being numbered /17 I wasn't sure how much this would set me back, but I was pleasantly surprised when it popped up for sale at just $10 on eBay. I couldn't hit the buy it now button fast enough. This one brings me to 10 out of 26 for all the possible variations.

Here is a look at my updated visual checklist grid. 


While there are still plenty of gaps here, I love seeing all of the ones I have together. I keep cards like these stored in top loaders so they are easy to flip through and arrange all together. As far as completing the rainbow, I am going to only go after everything down to the /10 Purple Diamond variations. I've got a ways to go, but this will be a long term project and something to keep me busy with between other collecting projects.

6 comments:

  1. Whoa. That's a lot of parallels. Best of luck tracking them all down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It is a lot, but love the idea of the chase. The more parallels the better in my opinion.

      Delete
  2. That's going to be a sick rainbow if and when you complete it. Congrats on finding the /17 shield parallel at a nice price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It definitely will, these Allure cards look amazing in person.

      Unfortunately, I will not be able to do the "complete" rainbow with 1/1's. I know a Rinne collector who has one of them and I would want someone like that to have those anyway.

      My goal would be to get all the non-auto/mem parallels except the 1/1 and that would be pretty cool.

      Delete
  3. Look at that card!!! What a stunner. Congrats on the pickup.

    Excited to see the progress on your rainbow. Looks fun.

    Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      Definitely doing well, hope you are too!

      Delete