Monday, November 29, 2021

SCE Gold Script Update

I can't believe it's been over twenty years since 1999-00 MVP Stanley Cup Edition was released. I've loved this set ever since I got my first hobby box way back in 2000. While I didn't get any Gold Scripts until years later when I started this blog, I always liked them.

It's been a little while now since my last update on this set, so it was really great to see another on in my mailbox recently. This one comes once again from a fellow Twitter collector (@OTB_Cards) who has been a huge help with this impossible set build.

Here is card #212 featuring Denis Shvidki of the Barrie Colts. This one is serial numbered 018/100 and brings me one step closer to completing the CHL subset. 

Shvidki was drafted 12th overall by the Florida Panthers in 1999. He would go on to play 76 NHL games, all with Florida. In those games he would put up 11 goals and 14 assists for 25 total points. His last season with the Panthers was 2003-04. After that he would go on to play in several Russian and other European leagues through 2013-14. 

SCE Gold Script Total: 86/220

No comments:

Post a Comment