Monday, July 26, 2021

Jimmy Howard: Ultra Platinum Medallion

Time for another quick one card post. This is one of the many recent eBay pickups that have just been sitting and waiting around to be scanned and posted here as well as my updated PC website. Even though it is a bit of work to scan, crop and organize everything, it is completely worth it in the end. That's one part of collecting I always enjoy.

Today's card is a Platinum Medallion parallel from 2014-15 Fleer Ultra. It is serial numbered 25/99 and has a really nice rainbow foil finish. They definitely want you to know it is a medallion version as the word is in the background over 30 times.

This almost completes another rainbow for my Howard collection, if you consider just three cards to be a rainbow. I have the Gold Medallion version as well and now just need the regular base version. I'll grab a copy eventually when the price is right.

4 comments:

  1. Scanning and cropping cards is one of my least favorite things to do... but it does look better (in my opinion). That's why as long as I blog I'll continue to take the extra time to do it.

    P.S. Your scanner did a great job. This card looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, it definitely makes things look nice. Although there are some cards that don't scan well where photos would probably look better. I just cannot figure out a good way to get consistent photos, so I stick to the scanning.

      For whatever reason, my HP scanner does make some cards really pop like this one. Not bad for a lower end regular printer/scanner.

      Delete
  2. Love the Platinum Medallions! I've been picking up random cards from the set when I find them at a good price...I think I'm up to 6 or 7 now. I don't realistically expect to complete it but I'll have fun tracking down as many as I can. Interestingly I only have one or two Gold Medallions from this set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Those are the best kind of projects as you will almost always still have something to look for.

      I'm in the same boat with my MVP Super Scripts. I'm always looking for good prices to keep chipping away at the sets.

      Delete