Friday, November 13, 2020

Viktor Arvidsson: MVP Super Script

Now that I have another player to collect with Viktor Arvidsson, I wanted to see what kind of good deals I could find on eBay to get things started. I'm not exactly going after his high-end stuff right now, so I'm focusing on cards that I like and can get relatively inexpensively.

It just so happens that I was able to find a 2020-21 MVP Super Script, just like the Jimmy Howard from my last post. This one is card #29 in the set and is serial numbered 09/25. The best part is this one only cost me $5 including shipping. Now I need the black version.


I have to say this is one of my favorite MVP designs of the last few years. The only thing I would change about this set is the Upper Deck logo in the upper right corner. I wish they would've made it the same foil as the signature and the other areas. The original few MVP sets did this and they look much better for it.

The other thing about these Super Scripts is my scanner does not like them. You can barely see the rainbow foil here. These things look amazing when you hold them up to the light. Definitely one of my favorite types of cards to just pull out of my PC box to look at.

3 comments:

  1. In a perfect world, someone would design a scanner for card collectors. I feel like there are a fair number of cards out there that don't scan well. The ones that stand out to me are the Fleer Metal cards from the 90's... and some refractors.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! Both of the scanners I've had hated those fleer metal cards, at least the hockey ones.

      I've thought about switching to photos like everyone posts on twitter now, but I just can't bring myself to do it. I feel like the scans are just a better way to do it. Makes everything uniformly sized and easy to use in multiple places.

      Delete
    2. Me too. I'm a scanner guy. Feel like I use photos for showing a bunch of stuff in one shot. But when it comes to individual cards, no photos for me. Just a scanner.

      Delete