Monday, December 2, 2019

SCE Super Script Update

Along with my recent run of Gold Scripts for my 1999-00 MVP Stanley Cup Edition project, I was again able to land all of the corresponding Super Scripts.

There was also one outlier that came from a different seller than the one from Sweden and it was just a lone Super Script. The funny thing is I actually lost out on an auction from the Swedish seller for this exact same card as one of their earlier Silver/Gold/Super lots. 

That one outlier would be this Stacy Roest, which is card #70 in the set and is serial numbered 04/25. To this day I'm not sure why he was chosen to represent the Red Wings in this set over names like Nicklas Lidstrom, Chris Chelios, Igor Larionov, etc.


Back to the ones from Sweden now starting with Sergei Brylin of the New Jersey Devils. This one is card #110 in the set and is serial numbered 10/25. While he isn't the biggest name of the Devils in this set, I definitely remember him from their Cup run back in 2000.


Continuing with that 2000 Stanley Cup winner, this Scott Gomez is card #107 in the set and is serial numbered 24/25. If only that had been one number less, it would've made for one of those neat jersey numbered cards. Not sure I have many in my set so far.


Up next is this Scott Young, which is card #166 in the set and is serial numbered 16/25. Is it just me or does it seem like the photo on this card is just a bit to the left? I get it though if they were trying to avoid the MVP logo covering up the player.


Then there was this Jeff Halpern, which is card #191 in the set and serial numbered 12/25. According to the checklist, this is actually a RC for Halpern. I vaguely remember him from back in the day. Gotta love those old Caps jerseys too.


This one featuring current Vancouver Canucks head coach Travis Green is card #141 and is serial numbered 01/25. Its always nice to have the first card of a print run like this. I'd have to look through my set to see how many I actually have.


First we had the beginning, now we have the end of print run. This one featuring Jonas Hoglund of the Toronto Maple Leafs is card #175 in the set and is serial numbered 25/25. I don't think I have many numbered 25 in my set so this is kind neat as well.


The first of four CHL Super Scripts was this Justin Papineau, which is card #216 in the set and serial numbered 17/25. One thing I always liked about the CHL portion of the set was how they used a foil version of the league logo instead of the facsimile signature.


This Taylor Pyatt is card #213 in the set and serial numbered 07/25. For whatever reason my scanner decided to make this one look a little different than the Papineau. The rainbow foil look spectacular in person and you can kind of get an idea of it with this scan.


Of course now that I said something earlier about hitting the last card of a print run, I would do it again in the same post. This Luke Sellars is card #206 in the set and is serial numbered 25/25. This one also shows the nice rainbow foil, especially on the MVP logo.


Same as my last posts, we'll finish thins up with Michael Zigomanis. This one is card #215 in the set and is serial numbered 09/25. Its nice knocking off as many of these CHL cards as I can. Then I'll be able to focus solely on the main portion of the set.


So that's 11 new cards for my 220 card set. Not a bad chunk to knock off the list if you ask me. I believe this is the most I've ever posted on here at one time.

The Green and Hoglund are the two that were not included in my previous Gold Script update. That's because I already had them. For the deals I was getting I would've been happy if all I got was just the Super. The Golds were just a bonus. That being said, I was definitely willing to take on a few duplicate Golds in order to boost my Super Script set.

Super Script Total: 82/220

No comments:

Post a Comment