Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Jimmy Howard: Certified Masked Marvels

Back to back Jimmy Howard posts, now that's something that I have not been able to do here in a very long time. It feels good though to finally have some new stuff for my main player collection, even if these addition ares few and far between.

Today's card comes from 2011-12 Panini Certified, specifically the Masked Marvels insert set. It has two jersey swatches on the front and is serial numbered 11/99.


I really like how they used the separate overhead shot on the bottom of the card. Also, the red design elements work well with the Red Wings uniforms. It even has two different colored swatches, the only thing better would be a patch version.

I bought this one on eBay around the same time as the UD Midnight I just posted. The winning bid was just $1.99 and then there was an additional $1 for shipping.

I would've considered this to be another great eBay deal, that is until I actually received the card and it was severely creased all over the front of it. Of course this was another PWE, but I knew that when I bought the card, so I can't really complain too much. It was just more of an unfortunate result of less than adequate packaging. 

I let the seller know the card had been damaged and I waited for their response. In my head I was thinking this would be a difficult process from all the eBay horror stories I've heard over the years. However, I was pleasantly surprised when they refunded the purchase price and let me keep the card. All I ended up paying for was the $1 for shipping. 

Even if the front of this thing is pretty badly creased, it is still a really nice looking card overall and I'm happy to have it. Now I just need to find a copy that is not ruined. Hopefully that one will not be shipped in a PWE.

Jimmy Howard Collection Total: 181

1 comment:

  1. That overhead shot is really cool. They should do them more often on hockey cards.

    ReplyDelete