Thursday, March 21, 2019

Topps Stranger Things Season One eBay Lot

Ever since my recent blaster box of Stranger Things season one cards, I've been wanting to complete the base set. There are only 100 cards in the set and I got a good chunk of them from the blaster. I didn't think $20 for another blaster was worth it just to end up with a ton of extras so eBay way my next option. I did some searching and was able to find a nice little lot of 56 cards for just $0.99 plus shipping. 

The only catch was the seller did not include a list of what card #'s were included. I'm sure I could've asked them, but I figured what the heck and put in a bid. Luckily, I ended up winning with that lone bid and I would be that much closer to finishing the set.

Rather than showing all of the cards here, I figured I would pick three of my favorites. They are all of the horizontal variety are shown in numerical order, which also happens to be chronological order as far as the story on the actual show.

The first one titled "The Demogorgon Got Me" is card #2 in the set. This scene takes place as the boys are finishing up their night of Dungeons and Dragons.


The next one titled "Monster in the Road" just happens to be the next card in the set. This scene takes place shortly after the previous one as Will is being chased by the monster.


The last one jumps a bit toward the end of the season. Card #93 in the set titled "Into the Upside Down" focuses on Hopper entering the upside down with Joyce to save Will.


After sorting through everything, it turns out that I only ended up needing 27 of the 56 cards for my set. Oh well, its not the end of the world since I did only spend a few dollars on this lot. Now I just need to track down the remaining base cards to finish the main set.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! I just sent you an email. I should be able to hook you up except for 2 cards. You interested in any Character stickers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have some extra base. If you don't mind a PWE, email me your wantlist and I might be able to help.

    ReplyDelete