Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Predators: Subban Artifacts Ruby

Upper Deck Artifacts is one of those sets that seems to always have a ton of parallels. I kind of like that, especially for my player collections. It gives me a few more cards to chase and its always fun to line up the different parallels and get a look at them together.

For the 2017-18 edition, there were several different parallels available: Ruby (#/299), Emerald (#/99), Orange (#/55), Purple (#/20), and Black (#/5). That's a nice variety and they would make for an awesome complete rainbow. Who doesn't love complete rainbows?

Anyway, I was lucky enough to find one of these at my second card show of the year a couple weekends ago. This ruby parallel featuring P.K. Subban is card #101 is the set and is serial numbered 013/299 on the front. I was able to get it for just a few bucks.


This one will go nicely with the Subban OPC Platinum Red Prism parallel that I got from Chris over at The Collector back when I was just starting my Predators collection.

While this set is from 2017-18, Subban is shown playing during the previous season. This is evident by the old away jersey that he only wore for that one season. I have to say I miss that set of uniforms from Nashville. The ones they have now are a little too simplified. I'd give a slight edge to their current away jersey. 

Predators Collection Total: 35

No comments:

Post a Comment