Friday, March 1, 2019

Golden Knights: 18-19 Upper Deck

Time to get back to my other new favorite team, the Vegas Golden Knights. I've been saving these for the last post of the card show pickups from a few weeks ago since they are a bit nicer than the Parkhurst cards from my last VGK post.

As the title of the posts suggests, these are all from 2018-19 Upper Deck.

First up we have card #237 featuring Zach Whitecloud. This is first time in what seems like forever that I've bought a Young Guns card for myself. The last few were for my Gallimaufry project, so its nice to get some that actually belong to one of my team collections.

Whitecloud is an undrafted defensive prospect for the Golden Knights. He's only ever played in one game for Vegas and that was back in April of 2018. Since then he has been with the Chicago Wolves of the American Hockey League. Click here for a nice article on NHL.com from back when the Knights signed him to a 3-year entry level deal.


Up next is another Young Guns, this time card #224 featuring Tomas Hyka. I'm a little more familiar with Hyka as he's played in 27 games so far over the last two seasons. He was originally drafted by the Kings back in 2012, but never signed with them.

Hyka was signed as a free agent by the Golden Knights back in June of 2017, making him the player in the team's history after Vadim Shipachyov and Reid Duke. 


Now we're onto the regular base cards. Up first we have card #183 featuring Erik Haula. This one is another great example of the photography you can expect from the flagship Upper Deck release year after year. I really like how the background is slightly blurred so the player image stands out.

 

Last but not lease we have card #178 featuring a really neat low angle shot of Alex Tuch. It's not every day that you can see the underside of an arena's scoreboard on a card. You can even see a little bit of some banners hanging from the rafters in Philadelphia.


These four bring my Golden Knights total to seven. Not as many as I would like to have by now, but I'll take it and continue to be on the lookout for more. If anyone has unwanted Golden Knights cards, or Predators cards for that matter, I'd always be up for some base-for-base trades. I've got tons of cards from the other 28 teams that I'd love to get rid of.

Golden Knights Collection Total: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment