Sunday, February 24, 2019

Predators: 17-18 Upper Deck

I'm finally getting close to the end of my first card show pickups of the year. Even though these have all been simple base cards, I'm really enjoying the whole process of finding, sorting and scanning them. I know they're not the most exciting things to show off on here, but they are part of my collection and represent the teams that I enjoy watching the most.

For today's post, I've got two cards from the 2017-18 Upper Deck base set. 

The first one has an awesome shot of Nick Bonino about to take a face-off. Its really neat how they captured him staring right at the puck in the official's hand as it is about to be dropped. Close ups can be hit or miss. This one on card #354 is definitely a good one.


Up next is card #356 featuring Ryan Johansen. This one's got a great action shot of Johansen playing the puck along the boards with a Calgary player in pursuit. One thing I've noticed about this set is the blueish green trim that Upper Deck went with seems to go well with any team's color. All in all, I really like the look of this set.


Hopefully posting these will bring the Preds some better luck in their next game as they were shut out 5-0 by the Avalanche last night. After this I've got at least one more post of Preds stuff from the show to get to. Now I just need to work on populating my collection website with all these new scans. 

Predators Collection Total: 28

No comments:

Post a Comment