Thursday, January 24, 2019

Golden Knights: 17-18 Parkhurst

Looks like I chose a good time to be in the middle of posting my Predators and Golden Knights pickups as they just played one another last night in Vegas. Its not every day that I can root for both teams about equally. If anything, I would've been slightly more inclined to go with Vegas as they were the home team. Even though the Preds came out on top, I thought I would show off the beginning of my VGK collection today. 

Surprisingly, I was only able to find a handful of Vegas cards in the 10 cent boxes at the show. The first group all came from 2017-18 Parkhurst. With their green accents, they really stood out when flipping through stack after stack of singles. 

The first card for the collection is #232 in the set and features Reilly Smith. This one has a great look at Vegas' awesome home jersey. I absolutely love these things. I even bought one of the Adidas replicas and have been wearing it out and about a lot recently.


The next one of now former Golden Knight David Perron is #235 in the set. Here we get a good look at Vegas' road jersey. I might be in the minority on this, but I love the white gloves. They just work so well with the overall look.


The last of the group is card #236 featuring defenseman Nate Schmidt. Despite the fact that he was suspended to start this season, he is one of my favorite Knights. He bring a ton of skill and seems to always be a great source of positive energy both on an off the ice.


So there you have it, the start of another new team collection for me. I'm excited to keep building this project representing my newest favorite team. I've got a few more cards to get so I can complete this team set, so I'll be on the lookout for those in the near future. 

Golden Knights Collection Total: 3

No comments:

Post a Comment