Saturday, December 23, 2017

Predators: New Additions

Finally, I have some cards to show off for my newest side project. It was back in September that I decided to start this one, then I got busy with model railroading and never really bought anything to get started. Well, thanks to Chris over at The Collector I was able to get some very nice cards to get my Smashville project started.

These cards were part of the prize package from his Great Trader Giveaway Contest. The first one features Pekka Rinne and comes from the 2017-18 MVP.


Up next is a Filip Forsberg from the same set. While this MVP design is not my favorite, I do like how much the gold jerseys stand out from the rest of the card.


This one is a Roman Josi silver foil base card from 2016-17 Upper Deck Series 2. I like how the player image stands out from the background here. It also helps that the base set design is blue so it works well with the Preds color scheme.


Up next is a UD Canvas card with a sweet picture of what I believe is P.K. Subban celebrating his first regular season goal with the Predators. He became one of my favorite players to watch on the Preds during the playoffs and I even bought one of the jersey shirts with his name and number on the back.


Here is another Subban card, this time from 2016-17 OPC. This card has a great look at the Predators gold uniforms. It's too bad they had to change things up for the switch to Adidas this season, I really liked these ones.


Up next is the retro version of the same card. Not sure I really like the color combination here, but the overall retro design is pretty cool.


The last card and my favorite of the bunch was this Subban from 2016-17 OPC Platinum. It is serial numbered on the back and comes from the Red Prism parallel set. 


So that's it for the new additions to my laatest side project. One of these days I will have to do some searching so I can put together an actual want list for this one. There will likely not be that many cards since I am focusing on pictures exclusively from the 16-17 season. 

Predators Collection Total: 7

2 comments:

  1. That Retro Subban is loud, isn't it? Yellow on yellow. Yikes.

    I was a huge fan of the 2015-16 retro design but not the base OPC set. With 16-17, it's the opposite. The stick at the bottom has a lot to do with it (even though the blade looks more like a spatula)

    The Red Prism card was a Black Friday deal I couldnt pass up. Got one for myself, too. It looks more magenta-ish in your scan, which I actually like better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! P.K. is one of my favorites in the entire NHL

    ReplyDelete