Thursday, August 2, 2012

Captured on Cardboard #11: Patrice Bergeron

Since I don't have anything from the mailbox to show off today, I thought I would jump back into my Captured on Cardboard series with another moment from a Bruins Stanley Cup clinching game. This card was part of a group I picked up at the last Gibraltar show. 

This one comes from the 2011-12 Pinnacle base set. One thing I love about this set is that some of the base cards depict a specific moment along with a description of that moment on the back. Kind of makes it easier to find cards for this project, doesn't it?


Anyway, this card has a great shot of Bergeron's second period short-handed goal in Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Finals. It was definitely a back breaker and helped the Bruins capture Lord Stanley's Cup.


The video is a bit long, but I'm sure any Bruins fan will appreciate it. Sorry any Canucks fans out there. The live shot of the moment pictured can be seen around the 6:19 mark. There's a better view during one of the replay around the 6:47 mark. Pretty cool, eh?

2 comments:

  1. I refuse to click on the video.

    :)

    I really like this project. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      I'm the same way with any video relating to Game 7 of the 2009 finals.

      Delete